So I am fairly certain that no one has either found this or read this but it seemed to help during the hard times last winter... I enjoyed thinking about blogging and thinking that one day i would start and post pictures and all that :) Then came March 1st.. the day we found out our transfer of our little embryo didnt work and we were never going to meet that little baby. I found it hard to think about writing about anything because I didnt see how wallowing would help anything at all and whenever I thought or wrote about everything, I wallowed. So... as we had tried to do since the beginning, we gave it God and tried to move on to the next step... A few disappointing months followed and then came a series of WAY more painful injections given in my muscle and on Aug 22nd we tranfered 2 of our frozen little embryos. I then spent the week trying to relax and then on the sunday Brody and I left for a trip to see Nanny and Poppy and Uncle Bernie and Aunt Linda in Glace Bay!!
We spent a couple days in Quebec City which was AMAZING and then headed to Glace Bay, NS. We arrived late on my birthday and spent a week hanging out and being SO grateful for our wonderful family. We were so blessed and encouraged to talk to U Bernie and A Linda about their quest to become a family and their determination. Nothing could stop them and now they have 2 incredible boys that they adopted. They are just such a wonderful family and, to us, it was like being surrounded by a beautiful success story. It gave me hope. Then we left for Halifax where i was supposed to take a pregnancy test... I was too nervous so we asked the clinic in Ottawa to requisition a blood test and i went to the IWK hospital that morning. We then went to our hotel and I took a home test (since we knew the blood results would be coming soon)... I peed on the stick and put it down and ran onto the bed!! We prayed and waited and I honestly wondered how in the world i was ever going to be able to check the result. If i didnt know the answer, i could still believe in the possibility of a positive...
We finally checked it and saw the big 'YES +'...!!!!!
We couldnt believe our eyes as we laughed and cried and hugged and praised God! Our dream was coming true at last....
We then spent 2 days just floating through our plans.. one day we spent at Peggy's Cove which was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been.. It was incredible. Then we drove to Frederickton, stayed over and then drove home. Coming home was amazing... Usually we come back from vacation a little sad that it's over... and though I wish Glace Bay wasnt so far, coming home was amazing because we were coming home to a whole new life.
That was 4 months ago now... and it will never fully sink in that God has blessed us with this incredible growing life. I just got home from celebrating Christmas with my family and what an great time we had!! Brody and I spent 2 nights there and Grayson and Anne Marie spent one with their gorgeous Zara. She's amazing.. such a blessing.. she is BUSY as busy can be and never lets them sleep but generally always happy and just so sweet!
And next year there will be another baby and hopefully Zac and Mel with their 2. what a day that will be!
So we found out we're having a girl and we are going to call her Addison Lynne. I feel like i already know her because we have had that name for so long!!
This is already too long of a catch up on here but i think i will come back to writing on here... it is therapeutic.
Now to start unloading the Christmas gifts and begin a week of preparing for baby before i go back to work. I am so happy to have this time to clean and get ready for Addie.. who is due May 9th, by the way :)
Merry Christmas!!
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment