So we went to our group education session today... it honestly feels so good to have everything started. Brody and i prayed together before going in and we both felt excited about everything coming up. I was kind of surprised to see we were significantly younger than all the other couples... but everyone was in the same boat and it was, in some small way, comforting to know we werent alone. The nurse doing the seminar was great. She was very understanding in the way she talked about things but she was very to the point which was great.
There was a lot of information and things to expect and it was a lot to take in... and i dont remember a lot of it (thank goodness they will go over in detail what we are to do during each step). One thing that definitely stood out to me was that Brody will have to give me a needle every day! Probably for 2 weeks. The medications intimidate me a little bit but the idea of this working keeps me positive. .. sort of....
I left feeling very weird. Not upset. Not excited. Just weird. I didnt feel like talking but mostly because I had no words to verbalize what i was feeling. We have about a week until everything starts and I guess I just want to get the ball rolling. It will be about a 10 week process (which was longer than we expected) and it will be so hard to wonder the whole time if it will work. BUT I will stay positive!! I WILL :)
Tonight I just pretty much hung out on the couch. Brody made a fantastic chili and we didnt talk too much about the situation. We just enjoyed each others company and it made me feel so much better :) I am so excited for us to be parents!!
One day at a time....
No comments:
Post a Comment